English Corner
Thursday, December 09, 2004
 
Showing Sympathy (Part 2 of 5) 表達同情
EXPRESS YOURSELF: Showing Sympathy (Part 2 of 5) 表達同情

Here are a few phrases for expressing sympathy to friends or family in sad or difficult situations:  * That's too bad.  
* That's a shame.   
* What a pity!  
* Tough break.  
* Better luck next time.   
* I'm sorry to hear that.   
* It must be pretty rough on you.   
* I can imagine how bad you must feel.   
* I sympathize with you.

此處為一些對朋友或家人在遭遇憂傷或困難的情況時,向其表達同情心的一些句子:  
* 那真是太糟糕了。  
* 真令人惋惜。  
* 多可惜啊!  
* 真倒霉。  
* 下次祝你好運。  
* 聽到這個消息,我真為你感到難過。  
* 對你來講一定很不好受,我可以想像你會多麼難受。  
* 我很同情你的處境。

Conversation 1
Jackie: Good morning, Irene. How was the violin contest yesterday? Did you win a prize?
Irene: Oh, Jackie, it was awful! One of my violin strings broke right in the middle of the Haydn piece. I felt so embarrassed. Even the judges were laughing at me.
Jackie: That's a shame! Are you sure the judges were laughing at you? You were probably just too tense. I know how hard you worked to prepare. I can imagine how bad you must feel.
Irene: Oh, well, such is life. There's always next year.

會話一
賈姬:早安,愛琳。昨天的小提琴比賽如何?妳贏了什麼獎項嗎?
愛琳:噢,賈姬。真是糟透了!我正演奏海頓的作品時,我的一根小提琴弦斷了。我糗死了,連裁判都在笑我。
賈姬:真糟糕!妳確定裁判們是在笑妳嗎?妳可能只是太緊張了,我知道妳準備得非常辛苦。我可以想像妳會有多難過。
愛琳:哦,好吧,這就是人生吧,總是會有明年的。

【Word Bank】
shame (n)可惋惜之事 tense (adj) 緊張的

The Day's Phrase
When I walked in late, all eyes were on me.
當我遲到走進去時,所有人的眼睛都在看著我。


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger