English Corner
Thursday, December 09, 2004
 
Criticizing Tactfully (Part 4 of 5) 技巧地批評
EXPRESS YOURSELF: Criticizing Tactfully (Part 4 of 5) 技巧地批評

When you are criticized, acknowledge the criticism in a nondefensive way. If it is valid, offer an apology for your behavior.

  * I know this is a problem.
  * Thank you for your input.
  * I appreciate your comments.
  * I'm glad you mentioned it.


Conversation 4

(back to the restaurant with Wilbur and Charlotte)
Wilbur: You know, Charlotte, IBM glad you mentioned my habit of slurping. I guess it's really impolite.
Charlotte: I'm afraid it is. Lots of people find slurping very offensive, you know. You really should try to stop.
Wilbur: I will try. I guess I learned it when I was little. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to my table manners.


當你被批評時,以一種不具防衛性的方式來接納它,如果批評是有根據的,則為你自己的行為道歉。

  * 我知道這是個問題。
  * 謝謝你所提供的意見。
  * 我很感激你的評語。
  * 我很高興你把它提出來。

會話四

(回到威爾和莎洛特所在的餐廳)
威爾伯:你和道,莎洛特。我很高興你提到我啜食的習慣。我想那真是很不禮貌。
查洛特:我想是的。很多人都覺得啜食是無禮的。你知道,你真的應該試著不再這麼做。
威爾伯:我會試的,我想我是小時候學會的。也許我對自己的餐桌禮儀真是不太注意。


【Word Bank】
nondefensive (adj) 不具敵意的; 無防衛性的
valid (adj) 有確實根據的

The Day's Phrase
When I asked my brother for help on my homework he told me to get lost!
我求助我哥哥解答功課的問題,他卻叫我走開!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger