English Corner
Thursday, December 09, 2004
 
Criticizing Tactfully (Part 2 of 5) 技巧地批評
EXPRESS YOURSELF: Criticizing Tactfully (Part 2 of 5) 技巧地批評

Conversation 1

Alice: How was your vacation to Guam, Beatrice?
Beatrice: The beaches were great, but the service at the resort was lousy.
Alice: Really? I'm surprised. The resorts in Guam are supposed to be pretty nice.
Beatrice: Not this one. The room service was always so slow, and the help expected big tips. The waiters never acted like they were happy to see you. I felt like a burden to them. And I was really disappointed with the food. The seafood was never fresh.
Alice: What was the name of the resort? I'll make sure to avoid it when I go to Guam next month.


會話一

愛莉絲:貝翠斯,妳的關島之旅怎樣?
貝翠斯:海灘很棒,但是度假旅館的服務糟透了。
愛莉絲:真的嗎?我很驚訝。關島的度假飯店應該很不錯。
貝翠斯:我住的這家則不然。客房服務老是慢半拍,而工作人員又老是想要高額的小費,服務生們從來不讓你覺得他很高興看到你。我覺得自己對他們來說好像是個負擔,而且我對食物也十分失望。海鮮沒有一個是新鮮的。
愛莉絲:這個度假旅館叫什麼名字?我得確定下個月去關島的時候,別上那裡去。


【Word Bank】
lousy (adj) 糟糕的; 差勁的

The Day's Phrase
My father gets a five o'clock shadow when he does not shave.
爸爸沒有刮鬍子,臉上就長出一片黑了。

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger